[petsc-users] Mat-view-draw Colors, Views

Jonathan Backs jbacks at mcmillan-mcgee.com
Mon Dec 19 18:21:00 CST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot my Jacobian using the command-line option -mat_view_draw. In the X-window that pops up, the non-zero structure is shown using three colors: cyan, blue, and red. What do these three colors represent?

When I add the option -draw_pause -1, I am given three chances to right-click on the X-window for each Jacobian evaluation. Each time, a different view of the Jacobian is shown, though the first two views look the same. What do these different views show?

Thank you for your time,

Jonathan