[petsc-users] Vec entries altered incorrectly

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Sat Dec 17 16:55:50 CST 2011

> This is memory overwriting. Use valgrind to find it.

Valgrind gives it a clean bill of health:

==30174== ERROR SUMMARY: 0 errors from 0 contexts (suppressed: 153 from 1)
==30174== malloc/free: in use at exit: 0 bytes in 0 blocks.
==30174== malloc/free: 0 allocs, 0 frees, 0 bytes allocated.
==30174== For counts of detected errors, rerun with: -v
==30174== All heap blocks were freed -- no leaks are possible.

What am I actually even looking for? Myself overwriting stuff or a PETSc bug?
I do not quite understand how PETSc even could manage to overwrite unrelated
vectors. Or do you suspect I overwrite the vector structure at somepoint and
that confuses PETSc later on?

Cheers,
Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juhaj at iki.fi			|