[petsc-users] Using Petsc with multiple RHS

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Dec 12 03:10:22 CST 2011

Hi Barry,

Thanks for answer. I should have asked about that from the very
beginning actually.
I get 2 times decrease in performance with 20 RHS, I can imagine how
slow it will be when I will use thousands of them,
moreover it will require a lot of memory to store them as a dense matrix.

On 11.12.2011 18:50, Barry Smith wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Alexander Grayver wrote:
>     One by one

I'm wondering why? All main direct packages like MUMPS, SuperLU_DIST,
PaSTiX support multiple RHS.

>     We do not handle a sparse right hand side.

Since I already transferred my code to PETSc anyway, my question now if
it's possible to implement sparse multiple RHS and solve them
simultaneously?
Something like MatMatSolveSparse. I would implement it myself, the
question is there a way to integrate it into PETSc as a patch or
something like that?

Regards,
Alexander