[petsc-users] MUMPS solver crash with petsc-3.2

Gong Ding gdiso at ustc.edu
Tue Dec 6 22:54:36 CST 2011

I can only analysis the core file at present.
It reported
#0  0x000000010217319c in dmumps_462 ()
Run program with -info, the output is
Entering DMUMPS driver with JOB, N, NZ =   1          49            217
 DMUMPS 4.10.0
L U Solver for unsymmetric matrices
Type of parallelism: Working host
 ****** ANALYSIS STEP ********
 Resetting candidate strategy to 0 because NSLAVES=1
 ... Structural symmetry (in percent)=  100
 Density: NBdense, Average, Median   =    0    3    3
 ... No column permutation
 Ordering based on AMF
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The example in src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/ex3 run ok -- it solves a small linear problem.
Also, if I reduce the matrix size to ~20x20, no crash happen.
I'll try to provide more information.