[petsc-users] "-mat_superlu_colperm MMD_AT_PLUS_A" causes the program to hang

Longmin RAN longmin.ran at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 05:31:03 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm using superlu within petsc to solve systems with symmetric sparse
matrix. In superlu manual I read that MMD_AT_PLUS_A column
permutation, together with little diagonal pivot threshold, should be
used for symmetric mode. So I launch my program with the following
  -ksp_type preonly
  -pc_type lu
  -pc_factor_mat_solver_package superlu
  -mat_superlu_diagpivotthresh 0.001
  -mat_superlu_symmetricmode TRUE
  -mat_superlu_colperm MMD_AT_PLUS_A

It seems that "-mat_superlu_colperm MMD_AT_PLUS_A" causes the program
to hang: when I deleted this option, my calculation is executed
correctly. But It's always interesting to be able to use the column
permutation option. Do you guys have any ideas ?

Cheers,

Longmin