[petsc-users] Question on writing a large matrix

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Apr 21 09:44:35 CDT 2011

Hi Vish,

What is 'painfully slow'.  Do you have a profile or an estimate in terms of
GB/s?  Have you taken a look at your process's memory allocation and checked
to see if it is swapping?  My first guess would be that you are exceeding
RAM and your program is thrashing as parts of the page table get swapped to
and from disk mid-run.