[petsc-users] Minimum size of sparse or dense matrix to use PETSc

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 02:13:17 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am already using PETSc to solve my momentum and poisson equations.
However in some parts of my code, I need to solve a dense (usually) or
sparse matrix, which arises from the radial basis function
interpolation. Depending on the problem, it can be a big or small matrix.

I am thinking whether to use PETSc or just a simple solver.

Can you recommend the minimum size of sparse or dense matrix to use PETSc?

Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng