[petsc-users] help on ksp

NAN ZHAO zhaonanavril at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:53:20 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I tried to use ksp to solve some problem. I got some Segmentation Violation
error. And I got result from the solver as below. I am wondering if the ksp
matrix has some error, cause I got the nonzeros allocated wrong. Can anyone
dig out some valuable information from the ksp output? Thanks.
  total: nonzeros=38449, allocated nonzeros=52103
reason code = 2, its = 2546
KSP Object:
  type: gmres
    GMRES: restart=30, using Classical (unmodified) Gram-Schmidt
Orthogonalization with no iterative refinement
    GMRES: happy breakdown tolerance 1e-30
  maximum iterations=5000, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=1e-05, absolute=1e-50, divergence=10000
  left preconditioning
PC Object:
  type: ilu
    ILU: 0 levels of fill
    ILU: factor fill ratio allocated 1
    ILU: tolerance for zero pivot 1e-12
         out-of-place factorization
         matrix ordering: natural
    ILU: factor fill ratio needed 0
         Factored matrix follows
        Matrix Object:
          type=seqbaij, rows=2903, cols=2903
          total: nonzeros=38449, allocated nonzeros=52103
              block size is 1
 linear system matrix = precond matrix:
  Matrix Object:
    type=seqbaij, rows=2903, cols=2903
    total: nonzeros=38449, allocated nonzeros=52103
        block size is 1

Nan