[petsc-users] Modification of a routine

Gaurish Telang gaurish108 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:54:42 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have tried to implement a recent least squares algorithm called LSMR, by
making modifications in the file  src/ksp/ksp/impls/lsqr/lsqr.c

Is it necessary to make any changes in other PETSc files or build the PETSc
library again?

I solved a simple least squares problem by supplying the flags -ksp_type
lsqr  -pc_type none and the problem seems to get solved correctly.

However, I had placed a couple of PetscPrintf statements inside the main
do-while loop of the algorithm in lsqr.c  but those statements are not
getting printed to standard output.

Thanks,

Gaurish.