[petsc-users] Implementing a new routine in PETSc.

Gaurish Telang gaurish108 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 18:02:38 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am planning to implement the LSMR algorithm in PETSc which does least
squares and is supposed to have more favourable mathematical properties than
LSQR which has already been implemented in PETSc.

But I am not really sure how to go about this,  since the implementations of
the standard KSP methods themselves look quite complicated. The manual does
not seeem to say much
about how to go about  adding routines to the PETSc library.

Could you give me guidelines I should follow while implementing a KSP
method?

Also is it necessary to build the PETSc library again after implementing
this routine. If so is it necessary to make any changes to makefiles ?

Regards