[petsc-users] Writing PETSc matrices

Nunion m.skates82 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:33:54 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am new to PETSc and programming.  I have a question concerning writing
PETSc matrices in binary from binary matrices [compressessed/uncompressed]
generated in Matlab.  I am attempting to use the files in the /bin/matlab
directory, in particular the PetscBinaryWrite.m file.  However, the usage;

PetscBinaryWrite('matrix.mat','output.ex') does not seem to work.  I also
tried using the examples in the /mat directory however, matlab does not
support the writing of complex matrices in ASCII.

Thanks in advance,

Tom