[petsc-users] 2D domain mapping to 3D

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Oct 18 16:58:24 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 23:51, Li, Zhisong (lizs) <lizs at mail.uc.edu> wrote:

>   Hi, Petsc Team,
>
> Using "DACreate2d" and "DACreate3d", I wonder is it possible to create a
> global 2D (m x n) structural domain correctly mapping to a global 3D (m x n
> x q) structural domain on each process in a parallel computation? If not,
> how to achieve this?

Yes, this is possible, but note that you will have to insist via the "p"
parameter to DACreate3d that the domain not be partitioned in the
z-direction. There is a concrete example in
src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex48.c, but it is probably doing more than you
need.  If you need to match an arbitrary DA, then you can use the "lx" and
"ly" parameters.

Jed