[petsc-users] Is SIPs released?

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 12 22:53:28 CDT 2010

Dear Klaus:

SIPs was developed from a project in material simulation more
than 8 years ago. Since then, both petsc and slepc have several new releases
while SIPs lacks resource for its update and further development.
Thus far, I was the only SIPs coder, with obligation on several
funded demanding projects, plus teaching and student advising.

The current SIPs code remains as "research code" and fails to work with
the latest version of petsc and slepc.
Until I'm able to devote a period of concentrated effort to its
update, it cannot be used. I attempted to update it to the current
petsc/slepc release few times,
but failed to accomplish due to other tasks.

I'm sorry that I do not have anything to offer at this time. I'll let
you know when SIPs is updated to be usable.

Thanks for your interest,

Hong