[petsc-users] petsc rpath

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Nov 24 09:47:14 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 16:26, Jens-Malte Gottfried <jmgottfried at web.de>wrote:

> I am trying to write a gentoo ebuild for petsc (my current work is
> already in the science overlay).
> Is there any possibility to disable writing the RPATH of the
> to-be-generated libpetsc.so?
> Currently, the library is built fine but RPATH is set to
>

> /usr/lib64:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib
> which is not neccessary. Before trying to patch the build system,
> perhaps there is a simple configure option which I did not find.

The standard build system does not provide an easy way to do this.  If you
are using petsc-dev, you use CMake (configure as usual, but then run make
from $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH instead of from $PETSC_DIR).  The CMake build
files default to setting RPATH, but it is easy to set the cache variables to
disable RPATH.

Jed