[petsc-users] MatCreateMPIAIJWithSplitArrays for symmetric matrix?

Daniel Langr daniel.langr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 05:14:36 CST 2010

Jed,

MatCreateMPISBAIJWithArrays() copy the arrays, so it won't help me. I
need all available memory for a matrix, so I cannot have it in memory twice.

Matrices emerge in new methods in nuclear structure computations
(symmetry-adapted no-core shell models). I don't know how to allocate
arrays exactly. But, I can generate a matrix into CSR format and then
probably reorganize it (split into diagonal and off-diagonal entries).

Daniel