[petsc-users] Many issues solving matrix derived from a CFD coupled Solver

Luca Mangani luca.mangani at hslu.ch
Thu May 27 02:20:55 CDT 2010

Good Morning,

After many steps I'm not able to solve my coupled matrix with iterative solver. The matrix is defined as the discretization of the Navier Stokes equation in a pressure based form. Also for a small case of 70K cells the linear solver blows up (GMRES(ILU BJACOBI) , BCGS(ILU BJACOBI)) and HYPRE+BOOMERAMG). For the boomerAMG I use this options:

-ksp_monitor_true_residual
-pc_type hypre
-pc_hypre_type boomeramg
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_max_iter 5
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_cycle_type V
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_relax_type_all SOR/Jacobi
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_grid_sweeps_down 3
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_grid_sweeps_up 0
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_grid_sweeps_coarse 3
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_rtol 0.0001
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_coarsen_type modifiedRuge-Stueben
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_relax_type_coarse SOR/Jacobi
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_interp_type multipass-wts
-ksp_max_it 60
-ksp_type richardson
-ksp_view

but without any success. That's really frustrating because of direct solvers are able to solve the matrix without any problem.

Do you have any suggestion of why can I have all this issues? Your help and support could be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Luca

--
Hochschule Luzern