[petsc-users] several MPIDense functions

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu May 20 15:58:57 CDT 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:32:06 -0500, Yujie <recrusader at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear PETSc developers,
>
> Currently, I am using PETSc-3.0.0-p8 version for my application. There
> are not MatCojugate, MatRealPart, MatImaginaryPart for SEQ and
> MPIDense.
>
> Since some revisions in 3.1 version result in large changes in my
> codes, I don't want to update PETSc to 3.1 version currently.

This is almost certainly an indexing error, I suggest looking carefully
at the definition in struct _MatOps.  Your error message has that line
number because that is the end of the initializer and GCC's parser
doesn't retain the information required to easily produce a better
message.  Clang is better in this case, you should see something like:

mpidense.c:1580:8: warning: incompatible pointer types initializing 'PetscErrorCode (Mat)', expected 'PetscErrorCode (*)(Mat, Mat, PetscReal, Mat *)'
      [-pedantic]
       MatConjugate_MPIDense,
1 diagnostic generated.

Jed