[petsc-users] speedup on KSPSetUp() using qmd reordering

Pedro Torres torres.pedrozpk at gmail.com
Fri May 7 13:06:14 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have a sparse linear system, block dense, one block for each process, and
solve with cg and block jacobi (ICC(0)) as preconditioners, with different
reordering. During my tests I found quasi linear speed on kspsetup()
and KSPSetUpOnBlocks() using 1wd,nd,rcm reorderings, but using qmd I get
superlinear speedup. My CPU is a Xeon 5410.

Is that possible or something is going wrong?, and if I want to explain
that, what functions on this stage should I monitor??. I really
appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

--
Pedro Torres