[petsc-users] Question about Fortran Kernels

Randall Mackie rlmackie862 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:19:49 CDT 2010

I have another question about the Fortran Kernels:

If you do ./configure --help, it says:

--with-fortran-kernels=<none,generic,bgl>

And so I've been using generic for some time.

After upgrading to PETSc version 3.1-p2 (or trying to upgrade), I saw
a message at the end of a test run that said for complex numbers,
I should use --with-fortran-kernels=1 for better performance.

But setting that to 1 was not mentioned with the --help flag, and it
doesn't explain what the bgl refers to either.

Can someone please clarify the options with fortran kernels?

Thanks, Randy