[petsc-users] updating values in a DA Global array

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 24 15:46:05 CDT 2010

   It turns out there was a bug in gfortran versions prior to 2.5 that made DAVecGetArrayF90() unworkable. After Satish told me this, ...

   I have implemented DAVecGetArrayF90() for 1, 2, and 3 dimensions with dof = 1 and dof > 1 in petsc-dev. The test example is src/dm/da/examples/tutorials/ex11f90.F

   Please report any problems with it to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov and if you use gfortran make sure it is version 2.5. Not that if your dof passed to DACreate is greater than one then you need another dimension in the array pointer you declare. Also, in keeping with the Fortran tradition indices for it start at 1 not zero.

   This can lead to much simplier structured grid Fortran codes.

   Barry