[petsc-users] -snes_type test shows differences

(Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN xy2102 at columbia.edu
Wed Feb 10 14:48:57 CST 2010

Dear Jed,

What if my F has the form(the full version):

F(f) = fxx+fyy+fxx*fyy-fxy*fxy-g = 0,

how should my Newton iteration look like?

J(f)h = -F(f) = -(fxx+fyy+fxx*hyy+fyy*hxx-fxy*hxy-fxy*hxy-g)?

I know h is the update, but what are hxx,hyy?

Any more references on this?

Thanks a lot!

Rebecca

--
(Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics