[petsc-users] MatSetSizes for MATMPIBAIJ

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:28:05 CST 2010

Thanks for the quick response!

2010/2/6 Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>:
> 1) It will distribute block rows, so you will get 8 and 4 as you want

How can it distribute in such a way, if it doesn't know block size yet?
Let's continue the example:
   MatCreate(comm, &A);
   MatSetSizes(A, PETSC_DECIDE,12, 12,12);
   MatSetType(A, MATMPIBAIJ);
   MatGetOwnershipRange(A, &rowS, &rowE);
  Then loop local rows from rowS/4 to rowE/4 to preallocate storage
using MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocation(A,4,...)

What will be the rowS and rowE here? I think they can be not divisible
by 4 (block size)...

> 2) Warning: This is an incredibly small problem. Using 2 processors
>     might not show any speedup at all.
Sure! It's just an example. I suppose it'll be much slower on two
processors actually.

Regards!
  Andrey