[petsc-users] How to find a good initial guess for a BVP

Ryan Yan vyan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:14:36 CST 2010

Hi all,
I just realized that I do need to work with the implicit form of the  DAE.
For instance, if I need to add a following tendency term "rho(x)*x' ":

rho* x' = - f(t,x))

My question is:

> In order to solve the above system by dmmg, is it suffice to multiply the
line p380-384 in snes/examples/tutorials/ex27.c, namely, multiply a "rho(x)"
term to each of the right hand side of the line  p380-384? Or is there
invisible barrier that I should beware of.

Thank you very much,

Yan