[petsc-users] petsc and matlab

Benjamin Sanderse B.Sanderse at cwi.nl
Fri Aug 27 19:28:15 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to let Matlab communicate to Petsc and vice versa. I have compiled petsc-3.1 successfully and have looked at example ex41.m in /src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex41.m. After compiling ex41.c I tried to run ex41.m, e.g. by typing ex41(1) in Matlab. Then I get the following error:

??? Undefined function or variable 'sopen'
Error in ==> PetscOpenSocket.PetscOpenSocket at 10
 S = struct('fd',sopen());

Error in ==> ex41 at 10
p = PetscOpenSocket;

It seems that sopen() is not recognized. I have googled a bit around and checked this mailing list, but I could not find out where sopen() should be located. Does anyone have suggestions? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks,

Benjamin