[petsc-users] Does Petsc have any feature to handle the mirror points?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Aug 10 13:23:36 CDT 2010

I assume you are using DA. One way is to use a periodic stencil so that the
local vector has room for those points. Another is to never put them into an
array (you don't really want them in the global system anyway, and the
Jacobian still needs to differentiate through the process by which you
decide what to put in those slots).

For something more complicated like immersed boundary methods, you will
leave those points in and it might be impractical to differentiate through
the computation of values at mirror points. The approximation you use will
then affect convergence rate.

Jed