where to realize "petscsetcommonblock_" and "petscgetcommoncomm_"

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 22 15:26:53 CDT 2009

   After PETSc is installed do the PETSc examples work? That is, does
"make test" run correctly?

   If it does not run then send configure.log and make.log to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

    If the tests do run then there is something wrong with your
makefiles and how you link to PETSc libraries. cd to src/snes/examples/
tutorials
do make ex1f and make sure your makefile links using the same
libraries. Best to base your makefile on a PETSc makefile then
it is portable and easy to maintain.

    Barry