Cluster of FPGA

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:26:04 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Rodrigo Araujo <rodrigowpa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good Morning All,
>
> I need to implement a Cluster which in each PC there will be a FPGA
> connected to the PCIe slot. All of this to make possible to multiply dense
> matrices. Is that possible using PETSc?

1) I have never seen great performance from FPGAs (with the possible
exception of GRAPE). I would strongly
    encourage you to rethink this plan, and instead go with something like a
CUDA solution.

2) Software already exists to do dense linear algebra on GPUs, and would be
easy to integrate with our
    existing dense matrix implementation.

  Matt

> Best Regards.