Problem with saving the binary matrix via Matview

Nguyen, Hung V ERDC-ITL-MS Hung.V.Nguyen at usace.army.mil
Fri Sep 4 15:59:20 CDT 2009

Hello,

Yes, It is a CrayXT4. I just rerun with setting the variables below. I will
let you know if it helps.

hvnguyen:jade20% setenv MPICH_PTL_SEND_CREDITS -1
hvnguyen:jade20% setenv MPICH_MAX_SHORT_MSG_SIZE 64000
hvnguyen:jade20% setenv MPICH_UNEX_BUFFER_SIZE 240M
hvnguyen:jade20% setenv MPICH_PTL_UNEX_EVENTS 60000

>The problems will be worse if you don't have the latest Cray software on the
system.

What do you mean exactly about the latest Cray software?

>Note we generally frown up saving huge matrices to disk except for debugging
testing purposes. But as Matt notes this is not a particularly huge matrix.
With any reasonable configuration it should take very little time to write
the file.

We need to dump out some matrices required large number of iterations for
testing.
As for small application case (nrows-12856,nnzeros=675744), it took a minute
to write binary matrix to a file on CrayXT4 system so I don't know why it has
a deadlock in this case.

Thank you.

-hung