MPIBAIJ and sor

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 27 15:35:50 CDT 2009

    Stephan,

    There is no MatRelax_ for BAIJ matrices and it is only written for
SBAIJ (symmetric storage) for block size 1.

    Most people end up using ILU(0) or ICC(0) for relaxing with block
matrices. It converges much better (generally) and takes the same
amount of time. The only drawback is that it requires another copy of
the matrix (uses more memory) for the "factored" version. Most people
are time constrained instead of memory constrained so this is not an
issue.

    It would not be terribly difficult to add relaxation for BAIJ; it
has to be done one block size at a time. What block size do you need,
are you interested in writing it?

    Barry