How to get more detailed output in make.log

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 20 16:41:59 CDT 2009

Usually the header at the begining lists these compiler options
separately. But if you want the extra info - you can do:

make ACTION=lib tree

Note: this is not exactly the same build as the default build ['libfast'
attempts to compile multiple files with a sigle command - whereas
'lib' does one source file at a time]. There is also some shell magic which
is hidden [this shell stuff tries to figureout if compiles in the current dir
should be done or skipped]

Satish