GMRES performance

jarunan at ascomp.ch jarunan at ascomp.ch
Tue Oct 20 09:52:26 CDT 2009

Hello,

I would like to know some information about GMRES performance in PETSc
if you have any experience.

I am running a parallel test case(9300 cells) comparing cpu time using
by solvers in Petsc. While BICGSTAB was doing 0.9 sec, GMRES 15 sec
with the same preconditioner(Additive Schwarz). I did not expect that
GMRES would be that much slower. Everything is default.

Please share your experiences, how the performance of solvers are in
your test cases. Which option I should set to improve GMRES
performance? Is there the best combination of Preconditioner and solver?

Thank you very much
Jarunan

--
Jarunan Panyasantisuk