Question about Coloring

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 6 21:02:39 CDT 2009

     There are any number of valid colorings for same matrix nonzero
pattern. The only reason to like one over the other is if it requires
fewer colors (then it requires fewer function evaluations).

     There is no easy way to modify a coloring once it is created with
DAGetColoring().

     If you have code that efficiently colors the matrix then yes you
can use MatColoringRegisterDynamic() to provide it.

     I take the coloring DAGetColoring() gives you is not a correct
coloring for your problem?

     You could also copy the code from DAGetColoring() and modify it
for your problem.

    Barry