PCFieldSplit and Schur

francois pacull fpacull at fluorem.com
Tue Nov 24 11:38:26 CST 2009

Yes, here is what I am getting
francois.

[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or
-on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#Signal[0]PETSC
ERROR: [1]PETSC ERROR:

[1]PETSC ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on linux or man libgmalloc on
Apple to find memory corruption errors
Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably memory
access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack
below
[1]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or
-on_error_attach_debugger
[1]PETSC ERROR: [0]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#Signal[1]PETSC
ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on linux or man libgmalloc on Apple to
find memory corruption errors
[1]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack
below
[1]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not
available,
[1]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not
available,
[1]PETSC ERROR: [0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the
start of the function
[0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the
function
[1]PETSC ERROR:       is
given.

      is
given.

[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP_FieldSplit_Schur line 751
src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c
[1]PETSC ERROR: [1] PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP_FieldSplit_Schur line 751
src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c
[1]PETSC ERROR: [0]PETSC ERROR: [0] PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP line 951
src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c
[1] PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP line 951
src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c

[1]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[1]PETSC ERROR: Signal
received!

[1]PETSC ERROR: [0]PETSC ERROR:

[1]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.0.0, Patch 7, Mon Jul  6
11:33:34 CDT 2009
Signal
received!

[1]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent
updates.
[1]PETSC ERROR: [0]PETSC ERROR:

See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble
shooting.

[1]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual
pages.