pre-decomposed domains

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 23 15:35:44 CST 2009

   Take a look at the manual page for AO. This provides a mechanism
for renumbering the nodes (and references to the nodes) into what
PETSc needs. Then you just assemble the matrix and vectors using the
new PETSc numbering.

   Or you can do the renumbering yourself.

   Note that renumbering doesn't mean moving any data between
processes, you use the data layout you already have, you just change
the "names" of the nodes.

    Barry