set a column of a matrix

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Sun Nov 1 10:57:23 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 07:44:58AM -0600, Barry Smith wrote:

>    MatSetValues() so long as you have good matrix preallocation this
> will work fine.
>
>    Doing a transpose is very expensive.

Dear Barry and Matt,

     Thanks for the replies, I am not doing anything in parallel. I
     should use MatSetValues with appropriate column and row indices.

     Actually, what I would like to do, I would like to set up a
     vectorset(rectangular) and assign to a block in a matrix. Is
     there a vectorset that I could use directly to somehow put
     these vectors directly into this set. And use this vectorset to
     set some part of a matrix.

     Thanks for the advice in advance.

     BR,
     Umut
--
Quote:    	Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.
Author:   	Henry Ford 1863-1947, American Industrialist, Founder of Ford Motor Company