installation Petsc 3.0.0 and parmetis

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 5 15:37:24 CDT 2009

    This function is defined in libmetis.a but used by functions in
libparmetis.a

    Likely the applications make file doesn't properly list -lparmetis
-lmetis like it needs too?

    If this is not the problem then do (in the PETSc directory) nm -o
$PETSC_ARCH/lib/lib*.a | grep METIS_mCPartGraphRecursive2
and send us the results.

    Barry