MPIAIJ and MatSetValuesBlocked

Randall Mackie rlmackie862 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:56:18 CDT 2009

Jed,

Can you explain how to tell if the matrix is truly blocked? What's the
difference between a blocked matrix and one with several degrees of freedom
at each node, or are they the same thing? I'm solving Maxwell's equations
in 3D, so I have three vector field components at each node, is that what
you mean by blocked?

Thanks, Randy