fortran 90 program with PETSc

tsjb00 tsjb00 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:38:22 CDT 2009

Hi!

I am trying to parallelize a fortran 90 program with PETSc. The original program uses a lot of global variables defined using fortran 90 modules.

My question is: Can I use 'include PETSc include file' and 'use MyModule' in the program at the same time? If so, in what sequence should I put 'include XXX', 'use XXX' and 'implicit' statements?

Another general question is whether I can use fortran 90 features such as 'module' and dynamic allocation on a parallel system of MPI-1 standard? Any reference on such programming work will be also appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!