parallel ghosted vectors

irfan.khan at gatech.edu irfan.khan at gatech.edu
Sat Jun 13 14:56:38 CDT 2009

Hi
My code makes use of parallel ghosted vectors to transfer data between fluid and solid calculations. I am now trying to model large deformations in solid where the solid may cross several fluid subdomains. This essentially means that the entries for the parallel ghosted vectors would change their owning process.

For instance, in case of 2 processes as shown below
Process  : Entries
0        : 0-n
1        : n+1-m

some entries (i,i+1....i+l) can move from process 0 to process 1 at some time t.

Is there a way to handled such parallel ghosted vectors without destroying the old and recreating a new parallel ghosted vector with updated entries?

Thank you
Irfan
Graduate Research Assistant
G.W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA.