Feti

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 20 16:20:17 CST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Karin&NiKo wrote:

> Dear Petsc users,
>
> There is an implementation of the FETI  iterative substructuring
> method in src/ksp/pc/impls/is/feti that does not compile. It seems
> that with some work, it could be made to run again. Before doing it,
> I just wanted to know if anyone had already done it.

   Nope. What is there is the remnants of what someone monkeyed around
with a bunch of years ago.  You are welcome to
play around with it, there is nothing beside what is there.  and we
don't remember anything about it so cannot answer questions
any better than you could.

    Note:  this stuff is very old and uses something called SLES which
is basically just a KSP.  You might look at the NN preconditioner,
my original hope was to try to reuse some of the infrastructure common
to the NN (the pcis.c stuff) to implement the FETI. This
is cool stuff but somewhat challenging.

    Barry