VecCreateGhost

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jan 14 11:25:18 CST 2009

Dear PETSc team,

When I create a vector using VecCreateGhost(), and later on I want to
access the value of one of the ghost cells, and all I know is the
*global* index of that value, what is the correct thing to do?  I
understand that the ghost values are stored at the end of the vector
and that this is done in the order that I used when creating the
vector, but do I have to remember that order myself, or is there some
method to query the local index corresponding to a global index?

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger
tim.kroeger at mevis.fraunhofer.de            Phone +49-421-218-7710

Fraunhofer MEVIS, Institute for Medical Image Computing
Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany