VecGetLocalSize()

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jan 16 06:58:39 CST 2009

Dear PETSc team,

If I create a vector using VecCreateGhost() and then query the local
size using VerGetLocalSize(), will the resulting number then include
the number of ghost values or not?  In either case, how can I ask a
vector about the number of ghost values that are stored locally?

I assume that if I know this number, I can use the
ISLocalToGlobalMapping*() functions to get the global indices of the
ghost values.

I also assume that the values supplied by VecGetOwnershipRange() do
not include ghost cells (since it wouldn't be a consecutive range
otherwise).

Are these assumptions correct?

(My conjecture is that VecGetLocalSize() does include the ghost cells
while I can get the number without the ghost cells by subtracting the
two numbers that VecGetOwnershipRange() supplies.)

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger
tim.kroeger at mevis.fraunhofer.de            Phone +49-421-218-7710

Fraunhofer MEVIS, Institute for Medical Image Computing
Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany