SSOR problem

SUN Chun Chun.SUN at 3ds.com
Mon Apr 27 09:34:41 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have an update to this problem:

I found that in MatRelax_SeqAIJ function (mat/impl/aij/seq/aij.c), I have:

diag = a->diag and:

diag[i] is has exactly the same value of a->i[i] for each row i. This gives me n=0 when doing forward pass of zero initial guess. That explains why setting -pc_sor_forward will give me identical results as if I run pure DSCG.

I assume that this a->diag[] stores the sparse column index of diagonal entries of a matrix. Now it seems to be improperly set. I will pursue this further in debugger. Do you know which function it should be set during the assembly process? That would point a short-cut for me....

Thanks again!
Chun