MatMatMult_MPIDense_MPIDense() works currently?

Yujie recrusader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:02:33 CDT 2009

Dear Barry:

I am trying to debug the codes you have written with ex123.c. After
commenting the error output (SETERRQ(PETSC_ERR_LIB,"Due to aparent bugs in
PLAPACK,this is not currently supported");) in
MatMatMultSymbolic_MPIDense_MPIDense().

The errors I got is "Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation".
It takes place in  "PLA_Obj_set_to_zero(lu->A);" in

MatMPIDenseCopyToPlapack().

To my understanding, if you want to set "lu->A" to zero, you first assign
memory to "lu->A". However, I can't find which function you do this in?
Could you give me some advice? thanks a lot.

Regards,

Yujie