creating parallel vectors

Khan, Irfan irfan.khan at gatech.edu
Thu Apr 2 21:19:19 CDT 2009

Thank you for the prompt help. It have benefited me a lot.

I have another question about creating parallel vectors. Is it possible to create parallel vectors by specifying the global indices of the entries?
For instance in
VecCreateGhost(MPI_Comm comm,PetscInt n,PetscInt N,PetscInt nghost,const PetscInt global_ordering[],Vec *vv);

is it possible to give the global ordering of all the local+ghost entries of the vector through "global_ordering". Thus the vector will not create a new petsc ordering.

Thank you
Irfan