Matrix free preconditioning

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Tue Oct 14 07:26:40 CDT 2008

Dear PETSc developers,

Can you give me some advice on possible/recommended choices of
preconditioners in the case of matrix free ksp?  I create my matrix
using MatCreateShell().  The matrix is not symmetric.  I understand
that the typical preconditioners like ILU or JACOBI will not work
since they require access to the matrix entries.  Is there any good
precoditioner that will work?

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger                                        Phone +49-421-218-7710
tim.kroeger at mevis.de, tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de  Fax   +49-421-218-4236

MeVis Research GmbH, Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany

Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 16222
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. H.-O. Peitgen