Does Petsc built with MPICH2 work in a single processor box?

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Sat Oct 11 23:31:12 CDT 2008

Hi Barry,

I will probably do that, but first I will need to modify the Visual Studio
project file to exclude those codes required by MPI and include those needed
by non-MPI. Fortunately, I would be able to do that by looking at the build
log of the MPI static library with --with-mpi=0.

BTW, if anyone has the need to compile Petsc using Visual Studio IDE to DLL,
please let me know. I can email you the file with the instructions how to do
that. I had to make some code changes that have to do with extern and extern
"C" to make VS happy. I will need to make the list of these files with these
changes. The good thing with the VS project file is that I can now just
automatically migrate to either VS05 or VS08. Many thanks to Chetan Jhurani
for the initial VS project file for version 2.3.2.

Cheers,
Thuc