Does Petsc built with MPICH2 work in a single processor box?

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Sat Oct 11 21:07:54 CDT 2008

Hi Barry and Matt,

Yes, I do not have proper MPI authentication to run on this single processor
machine, which has MPICH2 installed. However, I do not expect the users on
this type of machine needs to install MPICH2 to run my Petsc app. So, I went
to another single processor PC, which has no MPICH2 installed, ran my Petsc
app. It complains that mpich2mpi.dll and mpich2.dll are missing. So, I just
copied these DLL's to a directory on the PATH then my Petsc app would run
fine.

Thank you both again for your help,
Thuc