Build Petsc DLL's with Visual Studio C++ 2003 compiler

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Thu Oct 2 22:41:59 CDT 2008

Dear All,

I attempt to build Petsc DLL libraries with configure.py using first with
the option --with-shared=1, which is ignored as indicated in configure.log,
and with --with-dynamic=1, which the script crashes.

Is it possible to build Petsc DLL's? Does any one know how to do this? I
would like to reduce the size of my executables since I have several using
Petsc, and each of them is now huge comparing with that use the "old"
Sparskit solver.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Thuc Bui