PETSc build system (on linux)

Victor Prosolin flyaway1212 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:36:39 CDT 2008

Hi.
This question is probably more suited for developers rather than users,
but I hope the developers read this as well.
I have been learning PETSc for the last several months because it's used
in another project I am working on. Since I am just learning I rebuild
the library quite often so I have a question about the build system. If
configure.py generates makefiles why does it rebuild the whole thing
every time I type "make" even if I didn't make any changes in
configuration?

Sincerely,
Victor Prosolin.